Coconut oil in India is a wonder product that is often misconstrued. It has multiple benefits which includes health, cooking and beauty. Coconut oil in its pure form has most of the benefits and unlike what is believed you would always find a coconut oil bottle in India. This marvelous oil has been used for generations in Indian families. Coconut oil is a highly saturated fat that is very safe for cooking as it isn’t vulnerable to oxidization. This article contains a few benefits of coconut oil as well as its side effects-
- Natural moisturizer- Coconut oil works wonders for chapped and parched skin. It is a great moisturizer and helps in treating the dead skin cells easily. The natural moisturizer smoothes the skin and also helps in treating chapped lips. While moisturizing it also enhances the glow of the skin and also helps with other skin problems like skin burns, tan, dermatitis etc.
- Hair Care- An obvious product in your grandmother’s cabinet, coconut oil in India has long been used as great hair oil. Not only does it moisturize the hair and helps treat frizzy hair properly, it also helps in relaxation by regulating the blood circulation in the scalp. A few minutes of hair massage with warm coconut oil can do wonders for your hair.
- Weight Loss- Coconut oil contains short and medium chained fatty acids that help in shedding the extra weight from the body. Not only does it help in reducing the abdominal fat in women it also helps in regulating the thyroid and endocrine glands which are related to fat burning and healthy regulation of the body.
- Regulating the blood pressure- Coconut oil contains lauric acid that helps in keeping the cholesterol levels and blood pressure in check. The naturally saturated fat present in the oil increases the good cholesterol and reduces the bad cholesterol. It is a great product to keep the blood pressure in check.
- Healthy for cooking- As already mentioned, coconut oil contains highly saturated fats and dietary oils that make it least susceptible to oxidation and thus helps in digestion much better than the other oils. Coconut oil is the primary cooking oil in South India and you would definitely find a coconut oil tin jar in the Indian households of the peninsula.
Although coconut oil has various other benefits as well, it has a few side effects too that you should keep in mind. Here are listed a few of them.
- Acne breakout- Coconut oil may work wonders for the skin, but not for an oily skin. It may actually prove disastrous and cause a acne breakout. It is advisable to use coconut oil along with other skin care products for people with oily skin.
- Allergies- In case a person is sensitive to coconut oil it may lead to allergies like nausea, rashes, hives, vomiting etc. If you ever experience these allergic reactions it is a good decision to consult a doctor immediately.
- Diarrhea- When coconut oil is used to fight internal bacterial infections, diarrhea acts as one of the short term side effects while solving the problem. It is advisable to always take small amounts of coconut oil and avoid consuming large portions.
You can get a coconut oil tin jar in India from Shalimar. Shalimar is a trusted seller and distributor of spices and oils in India that provide authentic products and are highly renowned. m Shalimar. Shalimar is a trusted seller and distributor of spices and oils in India that provide authentic products and are highly renowned. You can visit their website to know more- https://shalimarindia.co.in