Turmeric can be termed as a magical spice. Used since ancient times, turmeric has long been a part of Ayurveda practices for its multiple benefits. Turmeric Powder or Haldi Powder in India contains a compound called curcumin which lends turmeric its medicinal and health properties. It is a great boon for the body and the mind and helps in treating a lot of health problems. Yellow turmeric powder in India is often used as a food coloring as it provides a distinctive flavor to the cooking. Turmeric powder is used in the Indian cuisine effectively and is quite a popular ingredient in India. It has antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties. This article consists the benefits of turmeric powder in India–
- Great healing properties- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and has anti- bacterial properties which makes it a great disinfectant. It helps in curing cuts and splinters. It is also effective in reducing heat burns as well as an upset stomach.
- Good for the brain- Another compound in turmeric that lends Haldi its therapeutic quality is aromatic- turmerone. This compound promotes the repairing the stem cells of the brain that help in the recovery from neuro degenerative diseases like brain strokes or Alzheimer’s. It acts as a great boost to treat Alzheimer’s patients.
- Skin care- The acne ad pimples on your skin can be quite troublesome especially when you have a party or an occasion coming up. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties make it a great component to fight against the rashes, pimples and acne. Turmeric also helps in smoothening the skin as well as lending it a wonderful glow. Turmeric is used in Indian weddings to apply on the bride in one of the rituals as well owing to its wonderful qualities.
- Digestive help- The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric help it in aiding digestion. Turmeric helps the gall bladder to produce more mile which helps in regulating the digestive system. It also helps in treating bloating and gas. Consuming raw turmeric helps in easing out digestive problems.
- Cure for Arthritis and joint paints- The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric helps in working wonders here as well. It helps in treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. The anti-oxidants in the spice kill the radicals in the body that cause damage to the body which leads to joint pains.
- Great Liver detox- This wonderful spice is a great detoxing agent and helps in flushing out all the bad toxins from the body. It promotes the production of various enzymes that detoxify our body. By maintaining blood circulation as well it helps in improving the health of the liver as well.
There are various other benefits of turmeric as well. It is very important to buy authentic yellow turmeric powder in India and not fall for fake turmeric powder. You can buy authentic turmeric powder in India from Shalimar, a popular brand for spices and oils. It has built its reputation as a trustworthy brand though the years. Visit the website to know more- shalimarindia.co.in